How to Choose a Commercial Oven
When choosing a commercial oven, it’s important to think about your kitchen’s requirements.
- What products do you cook most often – and do those products do best with a dedicated oven?
- Do you need continuous or ultra-fast cooking?
- How much space do you have available?
- Do you need an electric or gas oven?
Those questions will help you make some initial decisions.
Our range of commercial ovens includes both electric and gas products, and we also stock models of many sizes, including rapid cook and high-speed ovens.
How to Use a Commercial Oven
Once you’ve purchased your new commercial oven, it’s important to take good care of it. With good care, a commercial oven will be an important part of your kitchen for many years to come!
Your commercial oven will come with instructions that you should follow.
When using your new oven, remember that convection ovens cook food more quickly, so if you aren’t used to this, remember to convert your temperature or cooking time accordingly!
How to Clean a Commercial Oven
Your oven will need to be cleaned regularly. Not only is this important for staying on top of food hygiene codes, but ovens that are neglected are likely to incur higher maintenance costs later on.
You should follow a care schedule for your new oven.
Commercial Oven Maintenance – Daily
- Wipe up any spills – this should ideally be done immediately.
- Brush away any crumbs or other loose food, and empty any crumb trays.
- Clean any racks with hot soapy water.
- Brush clean any conveyor parts.
- Use a cloth or sponge to wipe down the interior of the oven. (If you are cleaning a pizza oven, remember to keep the pizza stone dry at all times!)
- Scrape away any burned-on food.
- Ensure all gas pipes, air intake valves and other essential lines are clear, safely attached and working well.
Commercial Oven Maintenance – Weekly
- Inspect all switches, lights, knobs and other parts of the oven for wear and tear.
- Remove and dissemble the conveyor and fingers on your conveyor or impinger oven to clean.
Commercial Oven Maintenance – Monthly
- Deep clean your oven, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
For specific cleaning and servicing instructions, please check the documentation of your specific oven.
In addition, please check your local food hygiene guidelines for any additional commercial oven cleaning requirements.